• On Line banking

    From philo@philo@privacy.net to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sat Jan 23 16:42:38 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.


    Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.


    My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
    later I'm again locked out.

    I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc


    Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
    Windows machine.


    Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Mike Easter@MikeE@ster.invalid to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sat Jan 23 15:24:06 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    philo wrote:
    I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.

    Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.

    My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
    later I'm again locked out.

    I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc

    Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
    Windows machine.

    Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.

    Maybe your bank is determining user agent and it doesn't
    recognize/accept linux.

    Ffx has a user-agent switcher. Chrome can be adjusted.


    --
    Mike Easter
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From philo@philo@privacy.net to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sat Jan 23 17:39:25 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On 1/23/21 5:24 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
    philo wrote:
    I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.

    Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.

    My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
    later I'm again locked out.

    I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc

    Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
    Windows machine.

    Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.

    Maybe your bank is determining user agent and it doesn't
    recognize/accept linux.

    Ffx has a user-agent switcher. Chrome can be adjusted.





    Wow , are you ever a genius...thank you!

    Now working in FF. I really appreciate your fast and excellent reply.

    I was about to start fooling with Boolean strings until a saw there was
    an easy to use extension ....user-agent switcher

    I doubt if my bank would have been of much help.
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Dirk T. Verbeek@dverbeek@xs4all.nl to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sun Jan 24 09:44:56 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Op 24-01-2021 om 00:39 schreef philo:
    On 1/23/21 5:24 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
    philo wrote:
    I usually access my bank from my Ubuntu 20.04 machine.

    Starting a week ago I can no longer do so normally.

    My password is not accepted until a get a new one...then a few hours
    later I'm again locked out.

    I have tried several browsers too FF, Chrome, Brave etc

    Zero problems when using the app on my phone, or logging in on my
    Windows machine.

    Thought I'd ask here but will also check with my bank.

    Maybe your bank is determining user agent and it doesn't
    recognize/accept linux.

    Ffx has a user-agent switcher. Chrome can be adjusted.





    Wow , are you ever a genius...thank you!

    Now working in FF. I really appreciate your fast and excellent reply.

    I was about to start fooling with Boolean strings until a saw there was
    an easy to use extension ....user-agent switcher

    I doubt if my bank would have been of much help.

    Goof stuff, please inform your bank of this error in their software and
    tell us which one it is so we can avoid them.
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From philo@philo@novabbs.i2p (philo) to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sun Jan 24 11:03:51 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    I will contact them.

    It is US Bank
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Bobbie Sellers@bliss@mouse-potato.com to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sun Jan 24 07:28:41 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On 1/24/21 3:03 AM, philo wrote:
    I will contact them.

    It is US Bank

    Strangely that is the one I use.
    I use updated Firefox in a private window to access the site.
    Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit) rarely have problems on PCLinux64 OS
    a rolling release about 2021.01 but the iso files I think are about 2 or
    3 months old currently.

    bliss

    --
    bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Mike Easter@MikeE@ster.invalid to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sun Jan 24 09:59:55 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Bobbie Sellers wrote:
    philo wrote:

    It is US Bank

        Strangely that is the one I use.
        I use updated Firefox in a private window to access the site.

    Private ffx doesn't save cookies, which cookies also include user agent.

    But I'm still having trouble trying to use 'logic' to understand what
    was going on w/ philo's problem w/ the bank in light of BS's info.



    --
    Mike Easter
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From philo@philo@novabbs.i2p (philo) to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Sun Jan 24 19:32:28 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Although all is now working.. I did email US Bank to inform them.
    I also informed them that their email address in their website is wrong.

    Sheesh

    The only reason I even had a working address was from a reply from a previous tech issue.
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From azigni@azigni@yahoo.com to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Mon Jan 25 05:38:18 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Have you really verified your phone and Windoze are virus free? perhaps
    with a paid app instead of a free one?
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Dirk T. Verbeek@dverbeek@xs4all.nl to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Mon Jan 25 13:14:10 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Op 24-01-2021 om 20:32 schreef philo:
    Although all is now working.. I did email US Bank to inform them.
    I also informed them that their email address in their website is wrong.

    Sheesh

    The only reason I even had a working address was from a reply from a previous tech issue.

    IT is not their core business :/
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From philo@philo@novabbs.i2p (philo) to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Mon Jan 25 12:53:01 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    I did not think to try a private window.
    But I did try several browsers other than FF ...Chrome, Brave Browser, Opera and Vivaldi.

    Anyway...spoofing the user agent did the trick.
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From philo@philo@privacy.net to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Tue Jan 26 09:48:35 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On 1/25/2021 6:14 AM, Dirk T. Verbeek wrote:
    Op 24-01-2021 om 20:32 schreef philo:
    Although all is now working.. I did email US Bank to inform them.
    I also informed them that their email address in their website is wrong.

    Sheesh

    The only reason I even had a working address was from a reply from a
    previous tech issue.

    IT is not their core business :/



    I did hear back from them and they said they were going to inform their
    IT team.
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From philo@philo@privacy.net to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Tue Jan 26 18:36:44 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On 1/24/21 11:59 AM, Mike Easter wrote:
    Bobbie Sellers wrote:
    philo wrote:

    It is US Bank

         Strangely that is the one I use.
         I use updated Firefox in a private window to access the site.

    Private ffx doesn't save cookies, which cookies also include user agent.

    But I'm still having trouble trying to use 'logic' to understand what
    was going on w/ philo's problem w/ the bank in light of BS's info.






    Even though your solution worked, I did try another browser in a
    private window and that did not do the trick.


    Anyway all I need is one working browser
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org to alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Tue Feb 9 05:24:53 2021
    From Newsgroup: alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote in news:ruqcis$9m3$1@dont-email.me:

    On 1/24/21 11:59 AM, Mike Easter wrote:
    Bobbie Sellers wrote:
    philo wrote:

    It is US Bank

         Strangely that is the one I use.
         I use updated Firefox in a private window to access
    the site.

    Private ffx doesn't save cookies, which cookies also include user
    agent.

    But I'm still having trouble trying to use 'logic' to understand
    what was going on w/ philo's problem w/ the bank in light of BS's
    info.



    Even though your solution worked, I did try another browser in a
    private window and that did not do the trick.


    Anyway all I need is one working browser

    They also have computer algorithms that might be rejecting becauase
    your activity appears not much different than that of a person trying
    to hack into an account. Too much all at once. They probably send
    you emails about new logins. (Unless you turned that off on your bank
    site).
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113